A Brief History

Stamford Apartments

The Toll House Visitors walking across the town bridge often ponder on why the long building on the East side has door facing the river.  This eighteenth century warehouse is the last vestige of Stamford’s canal trade.  It is built of course rubble and dates from 1756.  Much of the town’s medieval commercial activity would […]